Re: How to clone subpackages during koji build stage

> Thanks Fabio!
>
> I presume the CMakeLists.txt of the project I'm working on needs some rebase.
> But first, I would like to see what is recommended before taking any action.

I assume this is about ProcDump-for-Linux[1]?

Yeah, their CMakeLists.txt really shouldn't be importing libbpf as an ExternalProject without _at least_ checking whether it's available on the system first — it is, on Fedora, so the project should just discover and link with it. It's not a CMake project, but there's a pkgconfig file that makes writing a local Find module fairly easy.

Looking over their CMakeLists.txt, there are a few other things that give me pause. Mostly just typical signs of new CMake users, brute-forcing their way to getting it to do what they want instead of working with it. Lots of unnecessary manual configuration and micromanaging of compiler commands, that kind of stuff. (They even CALL `ld` directly at one point, to link their own shared library! Whenever you're writing targets like that, it's a sign you're making things way harder than they need to be.)

I'm going to work on cleaning up their CMake stuff — including adding a FindBpf.cmake module to use the system libbpf if it's present — and submit a PR to the upstream. Which should hopefully make your packaging life easier, as the build system will be able to automatically avoid bundling libbpf if it's available. (Assuming they accept the PR.)

[1]: https://github.com/Sysinternals/ProcDump-for-Linux/