Re: Synching user database from Fedora IPA to pagure

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 10:13:35AM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> I'd like to start writing a script to synch users/groups from Fedora IPA
> to pagure.io and src.fp.o: both pagure.io and src.fp.o logins are based
> on Fedora accounts, but the Pagure user database is only updated when a
> user login in Pagure.

I know this thread has been closed for a while and I'm pretty sure that info has
been passed onto the other place where this discussion evolved, but for the
posterity I'm adding it here as well:

pagure.io does not rely on groups from FAS, only src.fp.o does.
Groups in pagure.io are entirely managed within pagure.io, just the user account
are coming from FAS.
src.fp.p on the other hand is the opposite, all the groups are managed from FAS*
and membership is indeed synced upon login.

So now that it's here for the posterity, we can go back to what we were doing :)

Thanks,
Pierre

*well, an admin needs to create it on src.fp.o with the same name and then it'll
be added to the list of groups pagure asks upon login.
So if you want sig-foo, you create sig-foo in FAS and add its users there, then
you create sig-foo in src.fp.o and membership will sync over time.