Re: su selinux message

David Nielsen wrote:

lør, 17 09 2005 kl. 02:51 +0200, skrev David Nielsen:
I'm getting the following message when using su

Your default context is root:system_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh.

Do you want to choose a different one? [n]

Now it's as far as I can tell from a user pov harmless, but it's
slightly scary, and I was wondering if it is intended.

After catching up with all the news, I assume this is related to Multi
Level Security. Feel free to ignore this one, just got a tad confused
following the few days of having selinux=0 set to boot and then seeing
this.

David
This should dissappear with the latest policy. In strict policy you are able to choose which context you log in with, if you have multiple login contexts. With the introduction of MCS, a second choice for unconfined_t was introduced, so you are offered a choice "root:system_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh" and "root:sysadm_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh". In the latest policy the second choice has been eliminated.
introduction of MCS, m