Re: Forester project - Anaconda kickstart with Redfish

On 10/30/23 06:30, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
Hello,

I would love to introduce you the Forester project: unattended bare-metal image-based Anaconda installation service.

Forester provides unattended bare-metal installation network boot workflow for Fedora, Red Hat or compatible OS images created by Image Builder. It utilizes modern technologies like UEFI HTTP Boot, Redfish, Anaconda, SecureBoot and X509 for fast and secure image-based OS installations. Forester is a simple service with REST/RPC API and CLI. The project is currently in early development and I am looking for feedback of any form. For more info, demo recording and documentation, head over to:

https://foresterorg.github.io/

I would also like to create a mailing list and since the project is related to both Fedora and Anaconda, I was thinking to apply for project membership under the Fedora family. Can someone help me with that? I was trying to find some more info about the formal process on Fedora wiki pages without much success.

Thanks! Later.

-- lzap

Could you do some compare and contrast with cobbler?

https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler

Because what I would really like to see is more people helping out with cobbler development.

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me