Packaging web extension native part and shared directory ownership

In order to install the native side of a web extension, It is needed to place a JSON manifest on predefined directories for each supported browser:

  /usr/lib64/mozilla/native-messaging-hosts
  /etc/chromium/native-messaging-hosts
  /etc/opt/chrome/native-messaging-hosts

Creating a package that support each browser without having to create one subpackage for each one has the problem of having to set the ownership for each of these directories to my package, but that generates conflicts with the real owners at install time.

I can maybe use an ugly workaround, not having ownership and removing empty directories by hand on uninstall.

I seriously don't know how gnome-browser-connector [1] has ownership of:

  /usr/lib64/mozilla/native-messaging-hosts

and not have conflict problems with mozilla-filesystem at install time, maybe because they usually get installed at the same time with the system installer.

Any recommendations? This is not a Fedora package but want it to be Fedora compatible, I just want the single package give support for any browser like gnome-browser-connector do, without leaving leftover directories at uninstall if the user doesn't have that browser installed.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gnome-browser-connector/blob/f38/f/gnome-browser-connector.spec