Re: Package fails to build for aarch64, works for x86_64

On Thu, 2023-09-21 at 09:24 -0500, Ron Olson wrote:
> Could I, possibly, temporarily drop support for aarch64 in the spec file for 5.9 so all versions of x86_64 can get it, and then re-enable it for if/when I figure out what’s going on with the aarch64 version?

Please don't do this. It's very unfriendly to the other arch. In case
you're not aware, if you do this, the arch does not keep the previous
version of the package in its repo - the package disappears from the
repo entirely. For stable releases this isn't *so* bad because it's at
least still present in the frozen release repo, but for development
releases, that means the package is completely gone from that release
for new installs.

aarch64 is one of our primary arches. If a package is in Fedora and not
clearly entirely useless on that arch, it should build for that arch,
and if it doesn't, that needs to be fixed.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA