Re: PDC replacement proposal

Il 11/09/23 15:08, Tomas Hrcka ha scritto:

Sorry for the confusion with work that is already done,
We can drop the critpath thanks Adam!

As it goes for EoL and package retirement we for the past few releases we are saving EOL date in bodhi.
So getting EOL for specific release is not a problem once the release is out.

For storing the orphaning reason and other potential metadata. We can store some of it in git in form of notes on branches not necessarily in pagure-disgit specific code-base.

With toddlers i think the path is clear we need to use bodhi as a source of truth about releases.
Similar work as on toddlers will need to be done on mdapi

For the compose metadata we can store the the json blobs on fedorapeople for now and search for some stable place.

--
Tomas Hrcka
fas: humaton

To bring some more information from PDC into Bodhi, I'm working on a couple of PRs which will add the following information to Bodhi output:

- New Release property "released_on", to show the final release date of a release
- New Release property "setting_status", to show the status of the release between Branched and Final. This will use the 'pre-beta' / 'post-beta' settings in Bodhi with the meaning pre-beta=branched, post-beta=beta.
- New Bodhi json endpoint to provide the list of critpath components for each release (this is also available through a pagure repository, but I think it would be nice nonetheless)

Let me know if there's some other info which would be nice to migrate from PDC to Bodhi...

Mattia