Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

On 04-09-2023 19:41, Christiano Anderson wrote:
The following packages are orphaned and will be retired when they
are orphaned for six weeks, unless someone adopts them. If you know for sure
that the package should be retired, please do so now with a proper reason:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_remove_a_package_at_end_of_life
I got the following package:

python-iowait orphan 0 weeks ago

It looks like you also took python-autopep8.

Could you add neuro-sig group with commit rights for python-autopep8 please? This package is in the dependency stack for Spyder. I've already adopted other recently orphaned packages needed by Spyder and intent to fix and update them as needed in order to keep Spyder around.

Btw, you'll find a PR for python-autopep8, which will fix the FTBFS/FTI bugs and allow me to fix a dependent package.

The issue RHBZ 2155014 has been fixed by adding python3-setuptools as build requirement. The build passed using mockbuild on my local machine (tested on f38, f39 and rawhide).

I pushed the change only to rawhide branch, should I do the same for f39?

Since this is my first contribution to a package, could someone take a look at the process and let me know if there's anything wrong with my commit?

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-iowait/blob/rawhide/f/python-iowait.spec

If everything is fine, I'll comment and maybe close the RHBZ issue.

The change looks fine. Since you have been playing around with adding changelog entries the old fashioned way [1], may I recommend to convert the package to autospec with `rpmautospec convert`? That way you will no longer have to worry about Release: and %changelog entries. The first will be calculated and for the second the git commit message is parsed.

[1] usually done with rpmdev-bumpspec

Let me know if you need help.

-- Sandro