Re: fedora-review workarounds for dnf5

Hi all,

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 10:54:43AM -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> Like many of you, I have been quite inconvenienced because of
> dnf5-related breakage of fedora-review.  I've been monkeying with it
> today and finally got a successful run of fedora-review after making
> the following changes [*].

I'm happy (and relieved) to say that a fixed fedora-review is ready for
testing:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?search=&packages=fedora-review&status=pending&status=testing

This uses Jakub Kadlcik's initial PR to use dnf-3 instead of dnf, so we
don't necessarily commit ourselves to using DNF 5 until the we know for
sure if Fedora 39 will ship with DNF 5 or not.

Thanks also to Benjamin A. Beasley, Miro Hrončok, Benson Muite, Jitka
Plesnikova, Pavel Raiskup, and Sérgio M. Basto for contributing changes
shipped in this release.

0.10.0 was supposed to have gone out 3 months ago, but blocked by
changes in setuptools/distutils causing our release script to generate
an incomplete tarball. I've done a more thorough fix that will hopefully
hold until we rewrite our build process be PEP 517 compliant for the
next release.

Once this lands in F38, Fedora Review Service should be fixed, unless
I'm missing something.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim