Heads-up: post-quantum libs landed in Fedora rawhide

Dear colleagues,

Yesterday we added liboqs and oqsprovider packages to Fedora rawhide.
It's a part of our efforts to provide implementation of post-quantum
algorithms in Fedora and later in RHEL.

liboqs is an implementation of NIST-approved PQ algorithms (Kyber,
Dilithium, Falcon, and Sphincs).

oqsprovider is an OpenSSL provider making PQ algorithms available
though OpenSSL including some basic operations (keys/certification
generation, signatures, CMS support, limited TLS support etc). We
expect that file formats are preliminary and are a subject to change
but it's enough for basic experiments. We expect better support of the
TLS protocol later when OpenSSL publishes its 3.2 release (presumably
this autumn).

We would like to strongly encourage package maintainers and end users
to do some experiments with the PQ libraries to find the limitations
and either fix the issues or at least raise bugs upstream.

We also expect that there are both applications and protocol
specifications that are not capable of dealing with the keys that are
neither RSA nor EC/EdDDSA and also would like the issues to be raised.

--
Dmitry Belyavskiy