Say goodbye to polymake

The introduction of perl 5.38.0 broke polymake beyond repair.  Several
symbols formerly used by polymake have been marked as internal APIs.
They now have the ELF hidden attribute, so we can't even cheat by
adding prototypes to the polymake code.

Polymake upstream is aware of the issue.  For the time being, they are
advising their downstreams to stay on perl 5.36.0, which is not
feasible for Fedora.  In the long term, they plan to remove the
mandatory perl bindings from polymake.  However, they as yet have no
timeline for that effort.  It might be years.

I don't see that I have any choice but to retire polymake from
Rawhide.  This will have some repercussions:
- gap-pkg-polymaking, python-jupymake, and python-jupyter-polymake
will also be retired
- sagemath and Macaulay2 will be rebuilt without polymake support
- packages that I have maintained solely for use by polymake will be
orphaned: azove, permlib, plantri, sympol, vinci

I could try begging the perl package maintainers to add a downstream
patch making the affected symbols visible again.  However, since those
symbols are now internal only, the perl maintainers are free to alter
or remove them at any time, so that would not be a good long term
solution.
--
Jerry James, who is currently channeling Billy Joel
http://www.jamezone.org/