Re: FYI OCaml 5.0 rebuild is under way

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 9:37 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  - ocaml-atd
>
>    Fails to build because it requires Python3 flake8 which is
>    uninstallable at the moment.

It is used for testing only, so we can disable the python tests for
now to get this to build.

>  - ocaml-camlp5
>
>    Waiting on two packages to be reviewed (see below).

Reviews much appreciated!  I am happy to swap reviews.

>  - coq
>
>    Unclear what's going on here, I asked Jerry to take a look since
>    his earlier build was successful.  This also affects:
>
>    - flocq
>    - frama-c
>    - gappalib-coq
>    - why3
>    - zenon
>
>    I will submit builds for these once coq is sorted out.

Coq has a plugin architecture which appears to depend on the OCaml
native compiler, so the solution is to add "ExclusiveArch:
%{ocaml_native_compiler}" to these spec files.

>  - swig
>
>    This also should work but does not.  It has a very opaque failures
>    in the test suite.  I'm going to try to reproduce this one locally.

This is the failure:

checking python testcase langobj (with run test)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/builddir/build/BUILD/swig-4.1.1/Examples/test-suite/python/./langobj_runme.py",
line 13, in <module>
    raise RuntimeError
RuntimeError
make[1]: *** [Makefile:123: langobj.cpptest] Error 1

My test build of the swig package, which succeeded, was done with
python 3.11.  I suspect that this is python 3.12 breakage.  The OCaml
testsuite passed, so this failure is probably unrelated to the OCaml
5.0.0 update.

>  - graphviz
>
>    Requires a fix to swig, which cannot be built, see above.
>
>  - haxe
>
>    Requires camlp5, see above.

I believe Andy Li is looking at fixing haxe, which also uses
interfaces that were removed in OCaml 5.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/