Re: Modernize Thread Building Blocks for Fedora 39

On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 15:15, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2023 at 11:46, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Oops, I meant to CC the PACKAGE-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx addresses for
> > the packages I'll be changing (see below).
> >
> > For blender, gazebo, opencascade, and opensubdiv, it's a one line
> > change to the spec file, something like:
> >
> > -BuildRequires:  tbb-devel
> > +BuildRequires:  tbb2020.3-devel
> >
> > If you're happy for me to push that and rebuild the package as
> > provenpackager, let me know and I won't bother you with a pull
> > request.
> >
> > For USD there's a change needed to FindTBB.cmake, so it's slightly
> > more complex (but only slightly).
>
> USD is currently blocked by the python 3.12 update anyway:
>
> DEBUG util.py:442:   Problem 1: conflicting requests
> DEBUG util.py:442:    - nothing provides python(abi) = 3.11 needed by
> python3-pyopengl-3.1.6-1.fc38.x86_64 from build
> DEBUG util.py:442:   Problem 2: conflicting requests
> DEBUG util.py:442:    - nothing provides python(abi) = 3.11 needed by
> python3-pyside2-1:5.15.7-2.fc38.x86_64 from build
> DEBUG util.py:444:  (try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages)

gazebo is also blocked by the python 3.12 update.

So there are several packages which I need to move to tbb2020.3-devel,
but I can't even do a scratch build to verify that it would build. And
I can't update tbb itself to the new version while packages like
gazebo and blender won't build with the new version.

So I'm doing nothing and hoping that some of the python blockers get
fixed soon enough for me to do the TBB work before the mass rebuild.