Re: OCaml rebuild after or while Python 3 is rebuilding?

On 04. 07. 23 10:11, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
We'd like to rebuild OCaml packages for OCaml 5 before the mass
rebuild starts, that is before 19th July (about 2 weeks):

https://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule/f-39/f-39-key-tasks.html

The OCaml rebuild itself could take up to a week, but more likely 3-4
days.

However it seems as if Python 3.12 is still being rebuilt.  Some
packages have both Python and OCaml bindings so there may be conflicts
there.

Should we wait or should we start the rebuild soon?  Is there a good
way to resolve these kinds of conflicts?

Hey Rich,
please wait, we will merge this week.

AFAIK there is no good way to resolve a conflict like this. It's possible to do the OCaml rebuild while Python is in progress and we would rebuild the impacted packages again later, but it's not possible to start Python, start OCaml, end Python, end OCaml in this order :(

--
Miro Hrončok