RE: PWG+OpenPrinting meetup 2023

Hi Zdenek,

Regarding packaging pappl-retrofit and printer applications, looking at the pappl-retrofit based snaps from Till Kamppeter, I suspect the existing Fedora pappl package might need to be modified.

For example, extract from ps-printer-app's snapcraft.yaml file which modifies pappl's default build settings:

https://github.com/OpenPrinting/ps-printer-app/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml

  pappl:
    override-build: |
      set -eux
      # Raise the supported number of vendor-specific options/attributes in
      # PAPPL to 256, as the original 32 can be too small for some busy PPD
      # files
      perl -p -i -e 's/(define\s+PAPPL_MAX_VENDOR\s+)32/\1 256/' pappl/printer.h
      # De-activate log-rotating. It does not work with the forked processes
      # of the filters
      perl -p -i -e 's/(system->logmaxsize\s+=).*/\1 0;/' pappl/system.c
      # As we do not use PAPPL's own backends but the CUPS backends using the
      # "cups" device scheme of pappl-retrofit, we let the manual "Network
      # Printer" device on the "Add Printer" page of the web interface use a
      # "cups:socket://..." URI instead of simply "socket://..."
      perl -p -i -e 's/(httpAssembleURI\(.*?)"socket"(.*?\))/\1"cups:socket"\2/' pappl/system-webif.c
      # PAPPL's build system does not insert the LDFLAGS when linking.
      # Patching Makedefs.in to fix this
      perl -p -i -e 's/^(\s*DSOFLAGS\s*=\s*\S*\s+)/\1\$\(LDFLAGS\) /' Makedefs.in

Cheers,
Doug