Re: F39 Change Proposal: Build Fedora Workstation live ISO with Image Builder (System-Wide)

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 8:34 AM Aoife Moloney <amoloney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Pungi and Koji already support Image Builder, so no additional work is
required there (refer to the
[https://docs.pagure.org/pungi/configuration.html#osbuild-composer-for-building-images
pungi] and [https://github.com/osbuild/koji-osbuild/ koji]
documentation). The only missing part in terms of infrastructure is
provisioning ppc64le worker machines for Image Builder, see the
relevant [https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/11243
fedora-infra ticket].

Note that Image Builder is already used for
[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/IoTArtifactsWithOSBuild
building ISOs and raw disks of Fedora IoT]. Therefore, this proposal
does not introduce a new tool to the Fedora build pipeline.

The Koji integration leaves many things to be desired. I've had to dig far more than needed for osbuildimage stuff.

For example, https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tasks?state=all&view=tree&method=osbuildImage&order=-id is nearly useless to know what is going on. You have to go into each task to find what you are looking for and you end up with some json logs https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=102669680 and ultimately finding a link to the build https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2222653 to get to the image. Maybe I'm just using it wrong, but I've not found a different way.

Compare that confusion to something as useful as the image builds at https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?type=image&order=-build_id where you know exactly what everythign is and a single click on a build https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=2222698 gives me logs, isos, and all artifacts I'm interested in looking at.

Please include improving the Koji integration before making this change. Those of use that spelunk around the automatic image creation would be greatly appreciative.