Re: [HEADS UP] Fedora 39 Python 3.12 rebuilds to start in a side tag this week

Il 17/06/23 11:50, Miro Hrončok ha scritto:
> On 13. 06. 23 14:02, Tomas Hrnciar wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> in order to deliver Python 3.12, we are running a coordinated rebuild in a side
>> tag.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.12
>> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python3.12>
>>
>> We anticipate starting this rebuildsometimethis week.
>>
>> If you see a "Rebuilt for Python 3.12" (or similar) commit in your package,
>> please don't rebuild it in regular rawhideor another rawhide side tag. If you
>> need to, please let us know, so we can coordinate.
>>
>> If you'd like to build apackageafter we already rebuilt it, you should be able
>> to build it in the side tag via:
>>
>> on branch rawhide:
>> $ fedpkg build --target=f39-python
>> $ koji wait-repo f39-python --build <nvr>
>>
>> Note that it will take a while before all the essential packages are rebuilt,
>> so don't expect all your dependencies to be available right away. Please, don't
>> attempt to build your package in the side tag before we do.
>> When in trouble, ask here or on IRC (#fedora-python on Libera.Chat). Ping me
>> (thrnciar) or Miro (mhroncok) if you need to talk to us.
>>
>> Builds:
>> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f39-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0 <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/builds?latest=0&tagID=f39-python&order=-build_id&inherited=0>
>>
>> Please avoid any potentially disturbing or major changes in Python packages
>> until the rebuild is over.
>>
>> Thanks. Let us know if you have any questions.
> Hey folks,
>
> apologies if you have missed our announcement, but I'd like to ask you not to
> build packages in rawhide if they have received a "Rebuilt for Python 3.12"
> commit. For details, see the announcement quoted above.

Sorry, I think I've messed things up.

I have pushed new builds of python-jsonschema-spec and
python-openapi-spec-validator in Rawhide, then I realized there was the
python 3.12 rebuild in progress, so I started a new build in f39-python
for both packages, but then I realized again they were not part of the
rebuild and canceled tasks...

Did I understand well that only packages which had received the "Rebuilt
for Python 3.12" commit message need to be built inside the f39-python
side-tag? All other packages can be built and don't need to wait?

Mattia