Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers

Hi,

Not an expert, just a casual Urdu speaker with a drive by contribution.
I don't write Urdu much these days but I can read it.

Akira TAGOH <tagoh@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have no idea if Noto Sans Arabic or Noto Naskh Arabic is qualified
> for Urdu and Punjabi.  Even though they have minimal coverage in
> fontconfig perspective, there might be minor differences which look
> strange for native speakers like punctuation marks in CJK etc.

I looked through the Urdu bits using
https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/Noto+Naskh+Arabic and things
generally look okay. All the letters used in Urdu (~40, which is more
than ~30 used in Arabic) seem to be present. The text is legible and
readable. I tried a few punctuation marks and they are getting rendered
in a way I can read it.

> If we are going to change, we need feedback then.
> For the last resort, I could take them over temporarily though, we
> definitely need some help from Urdu/Punjabi communities.

I am not part of these communities, maybe I should join?

Omair

--
PGP Key: B157A9F0 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = 9DB5 2F0B FD3E C239 E108  E7BD DF99 7AF8 B157 A9F0