Re: How to fix the "rpma.src: W: strange-permission rpma.spec 600" warning?

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 8:33 PM Tim Flink <tflink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/25/23 09:56, Xiao Yang wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I try to create rpma source package on fedora by fedpkg --release rawhide mockbuild.
> > The permissions of original rpma.spec is 0644:
> > $ ll rpma.spec
> > -rw-r--r--. 1 mockbuild mock 2107 May 25 17:31 rpma.spec
> >
> > The permissions of rpma.spec in the generated rpma source package is changed to 0600 and then the following warning is triggered by fedpkg --release rawhide lint.
> > $ fedpkg --release rawhide lint
> > Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
> > Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
> > Mockbuild results directory found. Linting mockbuild results.
> > ============ rpmlint session starts ================
> > rpmlint: 2.4.0
> > configuration:
> >      /usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/rpmlint/configdefaults.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora-legacy-licenses.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora-spdx-licenses.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/fedora.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/scoring.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/users-groups.toml
> >      /etc/xdg/rpmlint/warn-on-functions.toml
> > checks: 31, packages: 4
> >
> > rpma.src: W: strange-permission rpma.spec 600
> >   3 packages and 1 specfiles checked; 0 errors, 1 warnings, 0 badness; has taken 0.3 s
> >
> > Could you tell me how to fix the warning?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Xiao Yang
>
> I don't know if you found a solution to this but I figured that I would post what I ended up doing after hitting the same problem, assuming that you're also using rpmautospec.
>
> The root of this is that rpmautospec/rpkg use python's tempdir in their process of rendering the actual spec file. On my system, at least, /tmp has 600 permissions so the rendered file inherits those permissions and is just copied after rendering, making it into the srpm without a permission change.
>
> I assume that the koji builders don't have the same setup and thus avoid the rpmlint warnings for official builds.
>
> I fixed the problem for my local build by generating the srpm outside fedpkg:
>
> $ mkdir build
> $ rpmautospec process-distgit mypackage.spec build/mypackage.spec
> $ chmod 644 build/mypackage.spec
> $ mock -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64 --buildsrpm --spec build/mypackage.spec --sources .
> $ cp /var/lib/mock/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/result/*.src.rpm .
>
> I'm a little unclear on whether this needs to be fixed or not if it only affects local mockbuilds or if there are better workarounds. If there's a better solution for this other than going back to generating the changelog and release by hand, I'm all ears 😄

Well, if this is caused by rpmautospec producing a file with unusual
permissions ...
It should be possible to retain the mode of the original spec file
somehow, and I'd report this as an RFE here:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/rpmautospec

Fabio