Re: HEADS UP: RPM 4.19 soname bump in Rawhide

On 19. 05. 23 13:37, Michal Domonkos wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 12:33:41PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
      rust-rpm-sequoia

This has a circular dependency on rpm?

Yup, this shouldn't have been on the list, it was an error on my side,
addressed in another reply to this thread.

We already did scratch builds ourselves and the packages passing against the
rawhide target also passed against the side-tag.

Could you please submit the real builds yourselves as well?

We assumed we wouldn't be able to push & build packages that we don't own, and
thought you'd have to a Proven Packager to be able to do that.

That is correct, I assumed folks on the packaging-team would be provenpackagers already, but apparently not so much.

I think I even tried that with the koji CLI tool at some point and got an
error, however now that you asked, I tried again with fedpkg, and indeed, it
looks like I'm able to build others' packages.

You are.

Still not sure if I can in fact push to dist-git...

You cannot. You need a provenpackager. If you don't have any, I suggest you contact one (e.g. me). It's quite faster and easier when the rebuild is swift rather than waiting (for how long?) for everybody to do the builds themselves.

--
Miro Hrončok