Re: F39 Change Proposal: Retire AWS CLI version 1 package awscli (System Wide Change)

This is, admittedly, somewhat a case of me being pedantic, so take it with a grain of salt. But...

In the "Benefit to Fedora" section, the proposal currently reads:

> The benefit to Fedora is that users will have access to the most
> recent command line tooling for working with Amazon Web Services
> features and services. They will have access to new features of the
> CLI as well as consistency in the docker and AWS Cloudshell
> experiences. That means more consistency in pipeline requirements and
> other programmatic access

But... users ALREADY have all of those benefits, don't they? awscli2 is packaged and available, right now, even in the F38 repo. Users already *have access* to all of the benefits it brings.

The benefits here are really meant to be the benefits of the proposed change — IOW, the benefits of *retiring* awscli and *preventing* existing users from being able to continue using it instead of awscli2... not the benefits of making awscli2 available.

I don't feel like the current "Benefits" section of the proposal really addresses that very well, at least as I read it. Fedora is perfectly capable of having both awscli and awscli2 in the repos simultaneously. (...In fact, it already does. Although I do notice that, because both packages install the same binaries (/usr/bin/aws and /usr/bin/aws_completer) and the same Python package ('awscli'), it's impossible to have them both installed **together**. Which seems like it would make migration more difficult for existing users of awscli, since it sounds like there are likely to be some incompatibilities?)