Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2023-05-09)

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 01:26:37AM +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> > * #2989 Proposal to adjust Changes Policy to use Fedora Discussion
> >   instead of the devel list   (zbyszek, 17:03:21)
> >   * AGREED: APPROVED (+6, 0, 0):
> >     Subsequent Fedora Changes for F40 and later will be discussed on
> >     discussions.fedoraproject.org
>
> So here we go, Discourse is now being forced on us despite all the
> overwhelmingly negative feedback in the thread.

Nope, that is actually not true. Matthew posted some stats in the
fesco ticket [1], and the stats were fairly evenly split
(supportive or open, neutral, opposed or concerned). In fact,
"opposed" is the least popular option.

You may note that what we're doing now (or in two weeks really) is to
only move Change discussion. This is very much a *trial*, the great
majority of use of fedora-devel will continue as it was.

[1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2989

> I really wonder why feedback is being asked for at all. It seems to
> be just a way to make it LOOK like we are in some kind of
> democracy. In reality, the decisions are already made before the
> thread is even started.

You keep repeating this. It is tiring. It is also very much false.

*I* am quite sure that the six people who voted yesterday in the FESCo
meeting are doing their best for Fedora, the project and the community.
Various votes may go different ways and I may at times vehemently disagree
with some of the decisions, but even then, I'm certain of the good intent.

> So now you are forcing change feedback to go through an inconvenient
> mechanism in the hope to prevent it from coming up to begin with, so you do
> not have to so blatantly ignore it.

You lost me here.

Zbyszek