Re: F39 proposal: Man-pages-ru Retirement (Self-Contained Change proposal)

Exactly as Sam wrote, we only repackage the sources we get from the
maintainers. Very little we do on our own, because
there is often one maintainer for more than 20 packages in Fedora, so
there is no chance that he/she will be able to make those changes.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 5:03 AM Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Leslie Satenstein via devel writes:
>
> > As a developer, and I believe, other developers who use C, C++, Rust,  etc, I
> > would like to do a man  "whatever.h" to optain a list of the defines, and
> > from that list, I would choose to select  the entry for which I need more
> > information.
> >

> > Please give some thought to the programmer sitting at a terminal and who is
> > debugging someone else's code.
>
> Your best chances of making this happen is by directing this to the man
> pages' maintainer. Fedora simply repackages what the man pages maintainer
> puts out.

> this over there.

S pozdravom/ Best regards

Lukáš Javorský

Software Engineer, Core service - Databases

Red Hat

Purkyňova 115 (TPB-C)

612 00 Brno - Královo Pole

ljavorsk@xxxxxxxxxx