Re: Firecracker microVM manager

Hi,

Following up on this, Firecracker has been accepted and submitted to
Fedora.  Thanks to Fabio for all of the Rust reviews.

F37 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-dca8124d3b
F38 https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-edcbcf18e0

Some quick comments on the TODO from the original e-mail:

On Sat, Mar 4, 2023 at 12:40 PM David Michael <fedora.dm0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   - The musl package adds /usr paths for compatibility with the compiler --sysroot option.
>   - The rust compiler adds musl target subpackages.

Targeting musl was dropped after the initial discussion, so there is
no sandbox or seccomp filter in Fedora until that can be implemented
with dynamic linking glibc upstream.  I'll keep the Copr repo[0]
active for a while to provide musl builds.

>   - The kernel must set CONFIG_VIRTIO_MMIO_CMDLINE_DEVICES=y to be usable as a guest.

I fixed this in rawhide during the 6.3 cycle, so it should eventually
trickle down into stable.

>   - About two dozen Rust crates must be added to Fedora (but a handful are just new versions of existing packages).

All crate dependencies have been added to Fedora 37+.

If anyone would like to test the Bodhi updates, there are some example
commands to start a VM on the Copr repo.

Thanks.

David

[0] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dm0/Firecracker