Re: It’s time to transform the Fedora devel list into something new

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 07:21:54PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> The mailing list make messages land in my client, on which I am very
> efficient, therefore I can check all messages once a day, and respond
> if I find a worthy topic.
>
> Unless this discourse has some great mail bridge (it doesn't) or maybe
> an rss feed (I do not use those at work, but I guess I could ?) So that
> I can skim messages on my terms, I think I (and those like me) will be
> the next "missing people".

I think I would fall in the same category. The fedora-devel mailinglist
keeps me connected to the project even though I rarely reply to messages.

> Your own post communicates to me (whether you intended it or not) that
> in the end the thread that will be generated by this post won't matter,
> because this is just a courtesy post and you already think that the
> opinion of the "minority of self selected mailing list lovers and
> dinosaurs" does not matter much.

Agreed. It was a very long post with several important and interesting
observations about communication in a large groups of people. But it
felt like it wasn't meant as actually discussing how we can
communicate better, but to work towards a conclusion that a specific
forum technology should be adopted and get rid of people who use the
mailinglist to participate in the project.

Cheers,

Mark