Re: Change my new package name in src.fedoraporject.org ?

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023, 10:28 Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 13. 04. 23 10:18, Sébastien Le Roux wrote:
> Dear all,
> yesterday I created my first package repository:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/Atomes
>
> I used the command (that you all must be familiar with):
>
> fedpkg request-repo Atomes 2130607
>
> After a first try using "atomes" that did not work, indeed fedpkg requested
> the keyword to be "Atomes" because of an information in the bug report.
>
> I could only certify afterwards that the repo was named "Atomes" and not
> "atomes" as I hoped.
> Can anyone help in renaming the project "atomes" instead of "Atomes" ?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

RENAME the package review request bugzilla to "Review Request: atomes - An
atomistic tool box" and try `fedpkg request-repo atomes 2130607` again.

If it works, retire the Atomes package with `fedpkg retire "Renamed to atomes"`.

In http://bugzilla.redhat.com/2130607 the reviewer should have noted this and
not approve the package.

Sorry everyone for the formatting, I have to reply from my phone.

I mistakenly thought that the name could be whatever upstream calls their package and for the rest, the spec file is what matters. My bad.

That being said, now that the requirement on lower case names has been relaxed, I guess Sébastien can name the package with the same spelling he's using upstream, i.e. "Atomes". If indeed he prefers that, can he use the same branch that he's got now, rename his spec file to Atomes.spec and add an "Obsolètes: atomes" in it to take care of users who might have already installed it?

I guess if he wants to strictly adhere to the rules, he'll have to jump through the renaming hoop.

My sincere apologies for the blunder.