Re: Timeshift on Fedora

On 03-04-2023 14:38, Steve Cossette wrote:
I had a strange experience with Timeshift last week. For those that
don't know, Timeshift is a software that allows you to make a backup
of your system (As a snapshot) and restore it in case you need to.

I installed it a couple weeks ago and made a backup. I couldn't make
a btrfs snapshot. (See more information
here:https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/whs63x/fedora_btrfs_and_timeshift/)
I'm using Timeshift on my laptop running F36. It works fine, making regular btrfs snapshots and I'm also able to restore these snapshots.

You don't say what release you are on. Neither do you give any details regarding your btrfs volumes and Timeshift settings. I know that Timeshift on btrfs only works when the subvolumes are named "correctly". Your root subvolume needs to be called '@' and your /home subvolume '@home'. It's what Mint is using, but not what Fedora/Anaconda is using.

If that doesn't solve your issue, feel free to report a bug upstream [1] if it's not already listed.

[1] https://github.com/linuxmint/timeshift/issues

-- Sandro