Re: Specfile - Upgrade - Check if the old and the new package versions are the same

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 4:00 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Out of curiosity, are you considering also package downgrades?

It's not described in OpenLDAP Upstream docs, so I was not trying to cover that, but...
It's a good idea to add the check and do the same safety precautions I do with the upgrade. Thanks!

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 5:41 AM Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dne 30. 03. 23 v 20:38 Simon Pichugin napsal(a):
> When the server package upgrades to the next major version, there are upgrade instructions that need to be performed
> by the administrator.
> And what's most important, the server should not start automatically without explicit agreement from the administrator.

Check postgresql.spec - this package has this case nicely resolved. You may get in touch with one of the maintainer as
it may be hard to comprehend just from the code (and I do not know the details neither).

Yep, I was looking into that previously, and it's VERY nice. It'll be great to implement something like that
but considering that the community never asked for this... It probably will be overkill, especially as more and more people
move away from OpenLDAP as it was removed from RHEL since RHEL 8 (and we provide reasonably limited support here on Fedora,
even though I'm doing my best to keep it updated and supported for the community).

Thank you for the nice suggestion though!

Miroslav