Re: Upcoming Bodhi upgrade and notable change to update notes field

On Tue, 2023-03-28 at 08:57 +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:

> Other changes between the currently deployed Bodhi 7.0.1 and the
> upcoming Bodhi 7.1.1 I encourage you to look at the upstream changelog
> at https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/releases

So another fairly notable change is this one:

"The automated tests tab will now display information about queued and
running tests (#5139)."

in practice this means that, when a test related to your update is
running in Fedora CI or openQA, it will (probably...) no longer be
shown as 'missing' (according to the gating summary and the Automated
Tests tab), but will be recognized as queued or running. This is one of
the "missing features" I'm working on before we consider turning on
gating of Rawhide updates.

This relies on the test systems reporting queued/running "results". As
best as I can tell, CI reports both for most tests. openQA currently
reports queued, but not running, so all tests will be considered
'queued' until they pass (the difference in bodhi's representations is
quite subtle, just slightly different icons. When the icons work. See
later.) When a test for an update fails and is auto-restarted, openQA
currently does not publish a "queued" report for the new test, so that
test will show as failed until the re-run completes. (I'm working on
this upstream).

There's a bug in the initial version of this: I messed up the icon
names (I used names from bootstrap when we're actually using font-
awesome). I've sent a PR to fix this:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/pull/5187
until that's merged and a new release is made, on the Automated Tests
tab, queued/running tests will show with a blue background but no icon.
The gating summary shown in the right-hand pane of the Details tab,
when tests are queued/running, also won't have an icon (you'll just see
a blue blob next to it). So, just remember blue means queued/running.

It's very difficult to test this sort of change before it hits
production (because staging Bodhi doesn't really exactly work), so
there may be some unexpected/unintended consequences - I'm especially
not 100% sure how things will work when tests are restarted in various
situations (e.g. if a passed test is restarted for some reason, I'm not
sure the Bodhi-generated gating summary will match greenwave's actual
gating status). Please let me know (ideally, file an issue on Bodhi and
tag me - I'm AdamWill on github) if you see anything apparently odd.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA