Re: Strange problem: Builds in container, not on machine

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM Ron Olson <tachoknight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you referring to the directories under rpmbuild? If so, I delete and recreate the directory and its structure every single time as part of my build shell script.

If you build with "rpmbuild -bb", then yes, I meant those directories,
plus wherever your sources are in case they are on disk uncompressed.

I don't think anything owned by "root" should be getting messed up by
running builds (I hope you're not running them as root!), but you
could try to verify that things aren't broken by running something
like "sudo rpm -Va" and checking whether any GCC headers are messed up
(i.e. MD5 checksum mismatches).

Fabio