[HEADS UP] util-linux based on new mount API coming to rawhide/f39

 Hey all,

 util-linux v2.39-rc1 coming to rawhide, Release Notes:
 https://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/v2.39/v2.39-ReleaseNotes

 I usually don't report util-linux Fedora updates, but this one is
 special. This new version provides libmount with support for new
 kernel mount API (syscalls fsconfig, fsmount, open_tree, etc.).

 Some kernel parts may not be fully ported to the new API. Unfortunately,
 the reliable way to detect possible issues is to test all less usual use
 cases and mount options combinations in the real distribution.

 For example, a well-known issue is btrfs when mixed with selinux mount
 options. In this case, libmount falls back to the classic mount(2)
 syscall. We need to gather all such cases.

 If you see any unexpected behavior, please report it to
 https://github.com/util-linux/util-linux/issues, the ideal report is
 with libmount debug output (LIBMOUNT_DEBUG=all mount /foo ...).

 Thanks!

    Karel Zak

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@xxxxxxxxxx>