Heads-up: abseil-cpp 20230125.1 coming to Rawhide/F39

In one week (2023-03-22), or slightly later, I plan to update abseil-cpp[1] in Rawhide/F39 to the latest LTS release, which is currently 20230125.1. Release notes are available[2].

The most significant breaking change is that dependent packages are required to compile with C++14 or later, and I have found that users of absl::string_view need C++17 or later. This has already been adjusted in a couple of packages (thanks!) and I have one PR still open[3].

All dependent packages build successfully in COPR[4] (with any necessary C++17 PR’s applied).

I will rebuild the following packages in the side tag myself as primary maintainer or as co-maintainer:

    - abseil-cpp (of course)

    - bear

    - fastnetmon

    - grpc

    - libarrow

For the remaining packages that need to be rebuilt, when the new version of abseil-cpp and the rebuilt grpc are ready in the side tag, I will send an email to their maintainers asking them to rebuild into the side tag. After a few days, I will ask Rich Mattes, the primary abseil-cpp package maintainer, to use his provenpackager privileges to rebuild any remaining dependent packages (and merge the C++17 PR for ilbc if it is still open). He has already agreed to do so.

If you maintain one of the affected packages and you want me to handle rebuilds in the future, you can grant me privileges on the project; collaborator on the rawhide branch should be sufficient.

    - bloaty

    - credentials-fetcher

    - fcitx5-mozc

    - frr

    - ilbc

    - libphonenumber

    - mozc

    - plasma-dialer

    - qmlkonsole

    - spacebar

If you maintain one of the affected packages, you should find that you received this message directly (by BCC due to limitations on the number of CC recipients imposed by the devel mailing list).

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/abseil-cpp/pull-request/10

[2] https://github.com/abseil/abseil-cpp/releases/tag/20230125.1

[3] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ilbc/pull-request/1

[4] https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/music/abseil-cpp/packages/