Re: fedpkg: Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl

Petr Pisar kirjoitti 7.3.2023 klo 16.48:
V Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 02:19:11PM -0000, Betty Liu napsal(a):
I'm using CentOS stream 8 and I've downloaded the source code of yellow. In the same directory, I've made the spec file, but after I run
fedpkg --release f28 mockbuild

I worry that f28 is tool old and unknown to mock nowdays. Try a number between
f36 and f39. Those are currently supported Fedora releases.

It shows error

Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
warning: line 3: Possible unexpanded macro in: Release:        %autorelease
error: %changelog entries must start with *
error: query of specfile /home/lucia/cs/fedora-packaging/hello/hello.spec failed, can't parse

Could not execute mockbuild: ('Could not download sources: %s', rpkgError('Could not get n-v-r-e from /home/lucia/cs/fedora-packaging/hello/hello.spec',))

I think that spec files which use %autorelease macro need to be processed from
a git repository.

Not true. If rpmautospec (that is where %autorelease and %autochangelog come from) is available, %autorelease and %autochangelog will evaluate to usable defaults even without a Git repository.

The Git related, scary looking output is just fedpkg being overly chatty about its internal workings. I have already submitted a pull request to move them to debug log level [1].

[1]: https://pagure.io/rpkg/pull-request/660

or as a quick workaround, modify the spec file like this >> Release:        %autorelease

Release:    1%{?dist}

%changelog
%autochangelog

%changelog
* Tue Mar 07 2023 Betty Liu <acyanbird@xxxxxxxxx> - 2.10-1

That changes will resort to manually maintained release number and changelog
entries.

This workaround will work, and that is how the tutorial was before it was just recently converted to rpmautospec as part of Rpmautospec by Default [2].

[2]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Rpmautospec_by_Default

I think the Package Maintainer Docs should be explicit about expecting a supported Fedora release. I will take a look at adding such note.