Re: SPDX Statistics - University of Constantinople edition

Omair Majid kirjoitti 1.3.2023 klo 5.13:
Hi,

Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The list of packages needed to be converted is again here:

     https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final.txt

List by package maintainers is here

    https://pagure.io/copr/license-validate/blob/main/f/packages-without-spdx-final-maintainers.txt

One package that I care about (`dotnet7.0`) was added to Fedora after
the Let's-move-Fedora-to-SPDX decision was finalized. So the package has
been using SPDX identifiers since the original package review.

How do I make sure such a package is recognized as converted-to-SPDX?

I have the same issue with iir1, also it has been SPDX from the birth, but now flagged as needing conversion.

I think Miroslav and company are doing an amazing job with the follow up and trying to ensure that everything gets converted eventually. However, please try to avoid creating busy work for packagers. We also have actual packaging tasks to handle.

The solution for new packages should be such that packagers do not need to do anything special. Could you just check package age and exclude anything added after SPDX went live? Any problems in such packages are just regular guidelines violations. They are important to fix of course, but strictly speaking not related to the migration effort.