Re: Fwd: fedmsg notification

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 11:10:20AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> What does this notification mean, and how do I turn it off?
>
> The filter UI for notifications is impossible to understand.

yes, it is. ;(

It's currently being re-written.

The current janky version sends emails like:

Because the notifications service is still using our old fedmsg bus, and
it has no idea what these messages are, just that they are from bodhi.
;(

This one was caused by:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/v2/id?id=b4981565-9359-4c26-8354-6f79a0fb78f6&is_raw=true&size=extra-large

so, a 'testing complete' message from ci for https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-4e72394dd9

:(

So, the big hammer here would be to add a 'not all bodhi' to your rules.
Or add that and a new ruleset with just those bodhi messages you do want
if you want any.

This should be about 1000x better soon with the new version.
It's using fedora-messaging, as part of the work we are making sure
applications publish schemas and so it should be able to show things as
they really are.

kevin