Re: questions about requesting new package into official Fedora repository?

Il 21/02/23 06:27, Robin Lee ha scritto:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:14 AM Felix Wang <topazus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If I want to packaging a new package into Fedora repository, I did a koji scratch build, which it failed on some architecture. Is there a minimum  architecture requirement, which builds successfully on some architecture (like x86_64?), in order to adopt the new package?
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_architecture_support
> -robin

To further enhance the paragraph of the Packaging Guidelines, I'd like
to add that you, as a packager, should try to find out why the build is
failing on some architecture and try to work out with upstream a fix for
that. Unless, of course, that package is not meant to run on some
architectures or upsteam developer is not interested at all in fixing it.

In the past I had handled successfully some situations like this and
upstream was very collaborative and in the end upstream was happy to
find out some flaws in their code and have their packages successfully
run on "unusual" arches.

Mattia