RE: fedpkg: Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl - solved

fedpkg is definitely parsing the %description, because the error does not
occur when I delete the characters.

I typed:

> fedpkg --release f37 mockbuild

I expected a build.  What happened was that I got the message in the email subject line, repeating forever:

> fedpkg --release f37 mockbuild
Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl

Someone suggested a different command line (not the one from the tutorial), which helped me debug.  I don't know what n-v-r is, but 0x93 came from the web page smart quote.  The end quote pastes as 0x94, but the parser doesn't get that far.

> fedpkg --release f37 --name hello mockbuild
sources file doesn't exist. Source files download skipped.
Could not execute mockbuild: Could not query n-v-r of hello: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x93 in position 259: invalid start byte