Re: Proposal: explicitly require full process to resubmit rejected proposals to FESCo

On 1/31/23 14:00, Ben Cotton wrote:
As a result of concerns about how the re-vote on the frame pointers
Change, it makes sense to clarify the requirements for FESCo
re-considering rejected proposals. FESCo #action bcotton'ed in the 10
January meeting[1] to develop a proposal.

I have drafted a proposal that you can find as fesco-docs#71[2] and
presented here for convenience:

Proposals that are rejected may be submitted by reconsideration, but they must go through whatever process was originally required before FESCo begins voting. For example, this means a rejected Change proposal must be resubmitted to the Change Wrangler as outlined in the Changes process.

Will the Change Proposal Deadlines still apply (i.e. proposals can't
be resubmitted after the deadline)?

-Tom

I intentionally wrote this to apply to all proposals generally instead
of Changes specifically. It makes sense to me that we address the
general case instead of waiting until another process needs a similar
policy adjustment. However, I can see this potentially being a poor
fit for long-fuse processes like the inactive maintainers policy
(although it seems less likely that a request would be rejected and
immediately be resubmitted).

Anyway, the proposal is presented here for comment. I'll open a FESCo
ticket in a week for formal approval.

[1] https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2023-01-10/fesco.2023-01-10-17.00.html
[2] https://pagure.io/fesco/fesco-docs/pull-request/71