Re: [Test-Announce] Heads up: testing requested for significant PackageKit update

On 2023-01-23 16:36, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Mon, Jan 23 2023 at 04:28:27 PM -0800, Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This feature has been turned on and off and on and off again a few
times before because it was found to cause problems. This time, a few
folks have done some diligent work trying to ensure all the previously-
encountered problems were solved, but of course it's *possible* they
missed something, or there are some other problems that folks weren't
aware of.

Yes, except "a few folks" is really just Gordon Messmer. Thanks Gordon.

Time will tell if that's credit or blame.  LOL.

Sincerely, though, I know I'm not the first person to work on tackling this, and I can't take all of the credit.

As long as we're on the subject: I will try to address any issues that come up that can be addressed immediately.  However: in case there are larger issues that, in the end, require packagekitd to run all of the time, I also have two open PRs that significantly reduce its memory use: https://github.com/PackageKit/PackageKit/pull/592 and https://github.com/PackageKit/PackageKit/pull/597

If someone wants to provide additional code review, that might help get those merged.