Re: Rawhide updates stuck for the past ~4 hours?

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 03:25:48PM +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-01-20 at 15:54 -0600, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > On Fri, 2023-01-20 at 22:44 +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > > My Rawhide Bodhi updates are stuck in pending, so I've checked
> > >
> > > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/?releases=F38
> > >
> > > and it seems that everything created after 2023-01-20 17:35 UTC is
> > > stuck.
> > >
> > > Is this a natural slowdown due to the mass rebuild or is something
> > > broken?
> > >
> > Per nirik on #releng, looks like robosignatory is backlogged on
> > signing
> > packages.

Yep. There's 2 things ongoing that should hopefully improve this next
time:
1. There's a plan to add some priority levels to robosignatory. That way
we can tell it the mass rebuild signing is a lower priority. Hopefully
we will get some cycles to work on the code for this soon.

2. There is work to rework how sigul signs things. Right now it copies
around entire rpms, but it really only needs the hash. This should make
it a lot faster to sign things.

I hope both those will be in place for the next mass rebuild.

> mass rebuild finished today at 2023-01-21 08:33:18
> tha build was done  at sidetag f38-rebuild
>
> - when it is merged ?

Probibly monday. It's not "done" yet... there's still some larger
packages building like libreoffice and webkitgtk.

> - The packages that failed to build , can I build it in f38-rebuild
> sidetag ?

Please just rebuild it as normal in f38 as you normally would.

When the f38-rebuild tag is merged, anything that has a newer build in
f38 tag will just not be merged.

So, as always: just rebuild like you normally would.

> - Again we have a problem of race condition with sidetags , for example
> the first build after mass rebuild finished, gnome-boxes-43.2-3.fc38
> will be override by gnome-boxes-43.2-2.fc38 on side tag . i.e. if build
> was successful in a sidetag, koji should denied the build for f38 tag
> (the tag that side-tag is target).

no. When we merge the f38-rebuild tag, the script will see there is a
newer build there in f38 and simply not tag the older one in f38-rebuild
in. It will work fine. ;)

> - BTW , in the same way, when mass branch starts , koji should not
> accept builds for rawhide until rawhide is fully branched and PDC
> indicates that rawhide now is tag f39 .

Thats... not how things work.

We are NOT branching f38 from rawhide right now. The mass rebuild is
DELIBERATELY a while before that. This allows maintainers to fix issues
and only have to do one build. By the time we branch a lot of these
failures will be fixed and then both rawhide (going on to f39) and f38
will have the fix, instead of branching now and having to fix things in
2 places and do 2 builds, etc.

Hope that helps,

kevin