Re: FYI... yubioath-desktop is slated to be removed from F38 repository

Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> Is someone working on packaging the Dart and Flutter SDK
> (and all their dependencies, which I had had this vague
> recollection also required gradle, and, well, gradle is its
> own issue) for Fedora in that F39/F40 time frame so that they
> can be used to build apps such as the new yubikey manager?
>
> I must have entirely missed that that effort was ongoing as the
> last discussion about Dart that I recall was years ago, and
> it was more of a wish rather than a resourced effort.

Well, to be honest, I have no idea. I would say that those who want the new
Yubikey UI in will have to package the required SDKs. (They could also be
useful for other applications, e.g., the "Every Door" OpenStreetMap POI
editor.) Otherwise, I would suggest just keeping shipping the legacy stuff
that is already packaged.

It is sad that more and more upstreams, even those that were previously
using standard GNU/Linux programming languages and toolkits, are now using
strange programming languages and toolkits that are a pain to package. (Go,
Rust, Dart, etc., and toolkits such as Flutter that build on those.) I miss
the times where everything was in C or in some cases (mostly just Qt and
KDE) C++.

        Kevin Kofler