golang-race package relevance

Hi everyone!

Currently, golang ships the golang-race package, but this process is
going to get trickier with Go 1.20 due to this change:

The directory $GOROOT/pkg no longer stores pre-compiled package
archives for the standard library: go install no longer writes them,
the go build no longer checks for them, and the Go distribution no
longer ships them. Instead, packages in the standard library are built
as needed and cached in the build cache, just like packages outside
GOROOT. This change reduces the size of the Go distribution and also
avoids C toolchain skew for packages that use cgo.

Source: https://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.20 Under Tools -> Go command

It uses the cache, which is a little tricky to retrieve information from.

I didn't find anything that requires golang-race, and I'm not sure why
someone would want to install the package, so I'm curious if the
effort of fixing the issue is worth the time because right now, I
can't build Go1.20rc3 unless I remove the package.