Re: F38 proposal: Ruby 3.2 (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Wednesday, 04 January 2023 at 13:20, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Just to let everybody know, Ruby 3.2 has landed in Rawhide [1]. The binary
> packages have been rebuilt, but there might be other compatibility issue.
>
> From top of my head, I know that sdformat will be FTBFS:
> https://github.com/gazebosim/sdformat/pull/1216
>
> If you need help fixing your package, please come to discuss the issue to
> ruby-sig ML.

It looks like mkvtoolnix is affected by File.exists? removal:
+ drake -j6 V=1
rake aborted!
undefined method `exists?' for File:Class
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.dQZ3rI (%build)

This is from mkvtoolnix rebuild by koschei
(https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/mkvtoolnix?collection=f38)

Luckily, upstream has fixed that already:
https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/-/commit/ab6455f68c597ede3d6959597a38f2ecbc198011
so I'll wait for the next release because they release quite often.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org