Re: F38 proposal: Shorter Shutdown Timer (System-Wide Change proposal)

Il 22/12/22 18:35, Ben Cotton ha scritto:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Shorter_Shutdown_Timer

I think this is not the right approach to solve the problem. Basically,
we're saying "I don't know what's going on, just pull the plug, I don't
care about data corruption", which is going to cause even more problems
to workstation users if data corruption happens.

I know this is way harder, but the right approach would be having a way
to tell systemd what processes can be killed and what other processes
must not be forced off in any case, then display a user friendly message
which inform the user that the system cannot be forced off ATM "because
I'm doing this or that". In the worst case, the user can choose to pull
the plug themselves.

Mattia