Re: copr and centos9 ?

Checking my copr log, it seems that centos-stream-8 (and epel-8) has this:

ptscotch-openmpi-devel   x86_64   6.0.5-3.el8 powertools
scotch-devel             x86_64   6.0.5-3.el8 powertools

I was mistaken about it working with epel-9. It also fails to load there. So I guess my question has now evolved to "what replaces powertools, scotch-devel" for redhat/centos-9 ?"

On 12/21/22 17:25, Stephen Smoogen wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 at 11:05, Michael J Gruber <mjg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mjg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     > The devel package are not included in CentOS repositories unless
    requested

    Yes, but Mark reports that his package builds "with EPEL, but not
    with CentOS". As for as I know, we have the following in copr:

    chroot "epel 9" has base RHEL9 and repos base+AppStream+CRB+Extras+EPEL
    chroot "centos stream 9" has base CentOS Stream 9 and repos
    base+AppStream+Extras+CRB

    So, where do the devel packages in Mark's build come from? They
    can't be in EPEL if the lib is in RHEL.

    Also: What is the "devel" repo mentioned in the centos FAQ, i.e.
    what is the proper dnf repo name and which copr chroot uses it?
    Every time I think I figured out the EL landscape it gets more
    complex ...

The devel repo was something that was meant to be a stop-gap for packages needed for EPEL early on. It no longer exists and should be removed from the FAQ.

I don't see any scotch package in RHEL-9, CentOS Stream-9, OR EPEL-9 repositories. I don't know how this build was working previously.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle. -- Ian MacClaren

Dr Mark OLESEN Principal Engineer - OpenFOAM Development - Services ESI
Germany GmbH | Einsteinring 24 | 85609 Munich | Germany Mob. +49 171
9710 149 | mark.olesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx www.openfoam.com |
www.esi-group.com Managing Director/Geschäftsführer: Dr. Cristel de
Rouvray - Dr. Alain de Rouvray - Dr. Vincent Chaillou - Andreas Renner
Commercial Register/Handelsregister Amtsgericht Offenbach | HRB 47146
USt.-IdNr.: DE113842129