Re: 4KSTACKS et al...

Paul A Houle wrote:
On the other hand, my experience is that going straight to upstream solves problems rapidly and lets me go back to work. Yes, I can be an 'altruist' and spend more of my time helping RH fix a product that costs $2000 per server, or I can get the job done.

At the risk of sounding trollish, I'd like to voice some of the words that the rest of us are muttering under our breath--

You're complaining about RHEL on the Fedora devel mailing list. And despite the fact that this has already been brought to your attention, your reply does not even hint as to why you think that this behavior is okay, but rather contains even more complaints about a distro that this list does not support.

In Fedora Land (which is where you're posting, by the way) the user is expected to help out. "Altruism" has nothing to do with it--the bugs that users identify will be fixed first because those are the bugs we know about. Dave has been surprisingly gracious and has addressed your concerns to a degree far beyond what your original (flaming) post would merit. Yet the scathing and disparaging nature of your reply indicates a level of disdainful indifference that simply does not belong in this community. Please understand that here we talk about Fedora (not RHEL), and here we behave as a friendly community.

Please do not badger the talent. Dave does a very good job and we all appreciate his help.