Re: Policy on supporting old and external software packages and compat RPMS

On 12/5/22 5:39 AM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
With the latest release of Fedora37 we were hit with an issue where the ncurses-compat-libs RPM had been depreciated. Due to this some of the tools we use would no longer install from their respective RPM's or their tar based installs would not run as they needed the libncurses*5.so shared libraries.

If anyone has a support contact with the following hardware vendors could you tell them this?

- Canon
   Their 'ufr2' driver for CUPS depends on ncurses-compat-libs. They push updated versions as of February 2022 that still depend on it.

- Western Digital / HGST
   Their 'hugo' tool depends on libtinfo.so.5 and the tool is currently maintained and shipped to customers today. The latest version I have from 2021 still depends on it.