Re: Review Request: ImageMagick7

On Fri, 2022-12-02 at 17:34 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 5:31 PM Sérgio Basto <sergio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I think it's important to bring ImageMagick 7 to Fedora, and it should
have been done a long time ago .
The proposal now is to keep ImageMagick 6 and make a new package with
ImageMagick 7 , when we have all applications use only ImageMagick 7,
we move the sources from ImageMagick7 to ImageMagick

Wouldn't the correct way to handle this be to create an ImageMagick6 compat package and update the main package to version 7?

In this case, I don't think is a good idea, mainly because will give a lot more work and even so could break things, I think we not want change ImageMagick name, specially in epel 8 and 9, like for example python and python3 case, maybe for epel 10 we could have ImageMagick6 compat , IMO.

Thanks,
Richard

Sérgio M. B.