Re: F38 proposal: MobilityPhoshImage (Self-Contained Change proposal)

What is the driver for choosing Phosh over GNOME Shell? Let me first say the amount of work put in by both Purism and the GNOME community into Phosh and other mobile components like libhandy has been critical to Linux mobile space. While mobile friendly GNOME Shell improvements only recently started and is not currently as feature rich as Phosh, the recent focus on it by the GNOME community has lead to some fast and impressive development as seen on the GNOME blog: https://blogs.gnome.org/shell-dev/2022/09/09/gnome-shell-on-mobile-an-update/

Most of the changes in the blog look to be targeting merging upstream in time for 44's release which I believe would be in Fedora 38. Even then though GNOME Shell wouldn't be at feature parity with Phosh. However, the main argument long term for having a mobile image that uses GNOME Shell over Phosh is more resourcing due to mutual benefits on mobile and desktop with things like the new gesture API referenced in the blog.

If feature set is the driver, I understand, but as a Librem5 owner and someone with all their boxes imaged with Fedora I'd be curious if there would be any plans to eventually switch to GNOME Shell once feature parity happens.