Advice on packaging Python with Rust dependency

Hi,

I'm a package maintainer of Breezy [0] in Fedora.

Recently in the newest version (3.3.0), which I'm trying to update to, upstream started requiring python-setuptools-rust as a BuildRequire,
because they are shipping rio-py package [1]. This is a simple rust input output library, which requires Rust crate lazy_static.
This is where build fails every time, because build_rust wants to update crates.io, which then tries to connect to the github.com,
which is prohibited on Fedora builders.

I looked through fedora-devel threads and I found a thread[2], discussing a similar issue with a C package, where it was suggested to
vendor the Rust dependencies. I don't think this is a good solution for Breezy, as calling `cargo vendor` creates a folder about 120 MB big.
This is more than three times the standard package.

Fortunately, we have the lazy_static dependency already packaged in Fedora[3], which would resolve the issue.
The question is, how can I feed this package to build_rust, so it does not want to connect to the internet and crash the build all the time?
Is this even possible, or is there a better solution?

[0]https://github.com/breezy-team/breezy
[1]https://github.com/breezy-team/breezy/blob/master/lib-rio/Cargo.toml
[2]https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/BIDRSE72WRGNCB7BY3JJFDWQ5UQZG53K/
[3]https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rust-lazy_static/